Night of Horror

Last night was one of the most totally harrowing nights in my life.

Totally.

Because guess what happened. I got lost!! *draws shivery breath*

It all happened at the beginning of a bright sunny day, full with a hearty breakfast consisting of Luqaimaat, Bihun, Banana cake, Tea and Watermelon slices, Us girls (four of us) were ready to hit the road and just conquer the U.I.A. swimming pool! But as they say, Never get your hopes too high because then you're bound to be dissapointed, and need I say? We were dissapointed.
"Where're your bathing suits?" the catty lady at the pool said. "You have to wear bathing suits you know, like that one, see?" And she pointed to a picture of the latest Muslimah fashion bathing suits. "And anyway, you can't swim now, we're having lessons, visitors can only come between 5pm-7pm"

HWAAATTTT!!! Talk about being dissapointed!! frantically opening back up the sms that Adila sent me the other night I saw that she did mention the pool being open at just 5-7pm....boy was I gobsmacked!! were WE gobsmacked!!

Anyway long story cut short, we spent the day in various places in KL, after having parked my car at Sogo. Now here comes the good part where we finally get ....dun dun dun....lost

Driving out of the Sogo parking lot I had not the faintest idea where to turn, thus following my 'instincts' I just followed the road twisting here and there and not really feeling scared (yet) because it was just 8:00pm, I mean....it's just 8:00!! what's there to be scared about right!

Two hours later and I am driving on the highway without an idea  of where we are; all of the signs pointing to Petaling Jaya have mysteriously dissappeared and I'm entertaining crazy ideas of doing a fast reverse in the emergency lane until I see one again and to make it worse, my gas tak was empty! Only Allah knows how I kept my hands straight on that steering wheel....

blink blink blink A red light is blinking showing that my gas is just about kaput. I felt like screaming
I KNOW OKAY!! My sis and the girls and the girls in the back were keeping up some type of laughing/screeching/howling chorus, trying in vain to keep down the panic by laughing like werewolves at everything they saw.

Alhamdulillah we saw a gas station Alllllllllhamdulillah!!! Finally I can ask someone for directions!! I think to myself, But..(there's always the but) when I ran into the station I had to stop short in dismay...everyone at the counter were Bangladeshis who could barely speak Malay!! "Calm down" I tell myself "Just fill up first".....man...I was shivering so bad...when ALHAMDULILLAH some kind hearted Malay soul walked into the gas station and straight away offered to show me the way If I would just follow behind his car.But whats with women and directions? We followed him (going at 130km per hour by the way..this guy was driving mad fast) We got lost againnnnnnnn!!!

The clock is showing 9:45 and we're getting sooooo nervous. finally we spot some guys selling burgers on the side of the road and I didn't even think twice man, I just swerved in next to them and Hafsah just about fell out of the car in her rush and panic to ask the man for the way!! It was hilarious!! the guy came running out and was like Calm down lady! calm down! hahaha................But him and his friends were sooooooooo nice masha'allah....and one of them got on his motorbike and led us all the way back to Kota Damansara..alhamdulillah! It was bedlam in the car man with all of us whooping and hollering and screaming and practically crying with joy that we were HOME!!.....

Now that I think of it..and recall back their appearances...They are NOT the kind of guys I would normally approach to ask something on a regular day. I mean with their piercings and wild hairstyles and dropping jeans, smoking, totally scary faces....but now I know; Dont just a book by its cover! :) :) Everyone has a drop of good in them somewhere..........and they sure did, because without them I dont know if we would have even gotten home!

Phew!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: