My warming bowl of soup for the soul...



(Lil sis Zahira and big sis Zahida)


Sometimes comes in the form of childrens innocent and delightfully refreshing comments/remarks. Sometimes if I am in a in-the-pitts mood and feeling like I want to pull-your-hair-out, it only takes a few hours of sitting with my little cousins before I feel happy and energetic all over again. (adorable cousin Zahira)

More than just a few times though, they can be just plain annoying or they can say stuff that just knocks the wind out of me and leaves me scrambling for words, most of the times they're just plain funny!





(She so loves the camera!)

- Sitting with my 10 year old cousin on the doorstoop last week she asked me :

"How old are you Kak Nafeesah?"
" I'm 21 this year!" I tell her proudly (Yes, it still thrills me to be one year older....)
*Open mouthed expression*
"Are you engaged then?"
"No I'm not, why?"
"But you have to get engaged soon! and married too!"
(All of this is said with a facial expression of dire urgency)
"WHY do I have to do that? what if I dont want to?"
"Then that means you're an old maid!"

I almost fell backwards into the open longkang from laughing. What historical novels has she been reading?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: