I'm feeling quite silly right now, sitting here with my nose gelled up in a green blackhead remover peel-off-mask, contemplating whether or not I should feel weepy over the dramatic farewell which was given to me 15 minutes earlier.

Actually I did fell weepy whilst the farewell was in process, but now I'm wondering whether I should have felt that way? hahaha.

Since i'm making a move to K.L. today with my sis, my cousins who usually drop by with their mom every morning to pick up my brothers for school came to tell me goodbye. I was on my laptop just browsing when I hear an unusually hoarse voice for a little girl call me from outside my window " Umi said to salam you before you go!!" It was my 12 year old cousin and she just about burst into tears as she kissed my hand. Ooo-kayyy I think. And then next came my 10 year old cousin. And then the 14 year old. And then I was getting a bit weepy myself looking at their tear filled eyes so I locked myself into the bathroom (shame man! dont want anyone catching you all red-eyed LOL) and 2 minutes later my sis is banging on the door "get out Mak Uda wants to see you" she hollered.
Oh dear. I splashed my face quick with water and went to see her. Boy I wasn't prepared for her grabbing me that way! she just about shoved her hand to my mouth for me to kiss, and then kissed me on the cheeks and whispered ferociously "Take care of yourself now girl!" before she too turned on her heels with a swipe at her eyes and ran -yes ran- back to the car.

I was quite speechless. I didn't expect that because i had already called her for a chat last night.

Now about 20 minutes later I'm thinking : Wasn't it touching! and also : Wasn't that funny! I will come back on the weekends, and I usually only see them on the weekends anyway!! what with their school schedule and work schedule and all.

Ah well, I'm not complaining, a little extra love is always welcome, whether unnecessary or not, I'm guessing though that this was done on the spur of the moment, and most probably halfway on the drive to school those weeping relatives in the car will say "But wont they be here on the weekends anyway?" and feel silly themselves.

LOL

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

RedAnna said...

hye nafeesah, i could just understand ur feeling..
i used to work and study in KL too, and balik kampung almost every weekend. its very tiring but neve complain tho. and i'd go crazy if i have i have to spend the weekend alone!
by the way, i really enjoy reading ur blog. looking forward for more!