Come Tuesday and Bye-bye Melaka....

Because I'll be moving out that day. Leaving Melaka, and my nice comfy home.

I've got a job now see, and it starts on Wednesday Insha'allah. A sweet job, I've already spent a day with the kids at the school and they are all lovelies. What's more better is that it's an all English speaking school so I dont have to fumble around with my Malay.

I'll be staying over at my aunts whilst looking around for an apartment to rent. To be honest I wish we had an apartment to move into right away. Living with someone for any period of time over three days becomes a bit tense for me, and the lack of privacy and space really gets to me ........ but then my aunt is a great sport, and her kids are awesome, and then, who am I to have any say in the matter? at least I have a place to stay.

I'm a bit worried about leaving home though. My mother seems really sad about it and that really weighs down on me. And then i'm worried about my father. He's depressed enough as it is, and I know that with me and my sis out of the house he will get even more cantankerous  and miserable....*sigh* even though sometimes I think that it probably wouldn't make much of a difference since he's the same even though we're around,, but you know that feeling..

Actually i'm not even excited about the job. After the initial surge at having found a job, I felt...nothing. It's kind of weird since ever since we set foot in Malaysia I have been planning on moving out and living on my own..you know, shifting for myself, staying in KL away from the family and getting some 'breathing space'. But now that it's all happened I couldn't care less about it, and I actually even find thoughts creeping into my mind to just dont show up on Wednesday afterall....

Tension in the family really addles out the brain I guess. Makes you undecided and guilty about things you dont usually feel that way about.

Anyway.

On a side note, isn't it just LUNACY the way the Sultan of Melaka awarded Shah Rukh Khan with the Datuk title????

Shame.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

3 comments:

Nourah said...

Shah Rukh Khan is a Datuk?? lol, I thought it Datuk and Datins were for Malaysians...

Insha'allah, I hope you settle in to your new job. It sounds exciting, especially moving to a new place....Enjoy!

Nafeesah said...

Yes Shah Rukh Khan is now a datuk, and yes!! it was meant to be for malaysians who contributed to the country not someone who made a 4 minute fighting scene in the Afamosa resort....lol craziness..

I mean to enjoy myself as much as I can insha'allah :)

Anonymous said...

I think there's something up with your layout, it keeps saying update photobucket or something
:/
It sorta covers all the text, I'm not sure if that's only when I access your blog, but maybe you might want to do something.
:)